The perfect introduction to Quilting available as a 1-day or 4-week course. Once you have finished this course, you will more than capable of joining a local quilting group and trying more advanced techniques.
You will learn:
- Choosing suitable fabric for design and sewing level.
- Necessary equipment/threads
- Cutting accurately with a rotary cutter and ruler
- How to build a design
- How to piece and nest point accurately
- Adding a suitable border,-butting ,mitred etc..
- Different types of wadding and building a quilt sandwich
- Method of fixing sandwich
- Quilting techniques (not free motion)
- Methods of binding
BEGINNER. 10 hours over 4 weeks or condensed into a 1 day 6 hour course. Fa. bric required. Latest workshop schedule.