A follow-on from our Quilting for Beginners course, this course teaches you techniques such as flying geese, disappearing four patch and is also available over 1-day or 4-weeks.
You will learn:
- Accurate cutting of squares, rectangles and triangles.
- Using the cutting board, ruler and rotary cutter on the straight and diagonal.
- Using an existing block and cutting it to make new designs, e.g disappearing four patch, Dresden plate, flying geese.
- Working with fabric cut on the bias.
- Fabric placement and composition,e.g fussy cutting.
- Piecing techniques such as templates, paper piecing etc.
- Introduction to freemotion- setting up your machine, thread, needles and suitable techniques and designs for the beginner.
IMPROVER. 10 hours over 4 weeks or condensed into a 1 day 6 hour course. All materials included. Latest workshop schedule.