Learn to Quilt
The perfect introduction to Quilting available as a 1-day or 4-week course.
To attend this workshop you should be able to use a sewing machine independently (i.e. thread a machine and sew a straight line). If you are a complete beginner you should attend Make Friends With The Sewing Machine before this workshop.
This workshop builds on your basic sewing skills and prepares you for joining a local quilting group and/or trying more advanced techniques.
You will learn:
- Choosing suitable fabric for design and sewing level.
- Necessary equipment/threads
- Cutting accurately with a rotary cutter and ruler
- How to build a design
- How to piece and nest point accurately
- Adding a suitable border, butting, mitred etc..
- Different types of wadding and building a quilt sandwich
- Method of fixing sandwich
- Quilting techniques (not free motion)
- Methods of binding
Beginners' workshop, a 1-day, 6-hour course. Fabric is required. You will need 3 fat quarters (fabric measuring 50cm x 56cm)
Due to the nature of the workshops and the limited availability of places if you wish to cancel a workshop you must cancel the workshop within seven (7) days of booking your place and at least seven (7) days in advance of the Workshop. We will either refund or transfer you on to the next available Workshop.
If fewer than 2 people book on this workshop it may be cancelled. If this happens you will be offered a full refund or a place on the next available workshop.