Quilting for Improvers
A follow-on from our Learn to Quilt workshop for Beginners, this workshop teaches you techniques such as flying geese, disappearing four patch and Dresden plate. The workshop runs over one day or 4-weeks.
You will learn:
- Accurate cutting of squares, rectangles and triangles.
- Using the cutting board, ruler and rotary cutter on the straight and diagonal.
- Using an existing block and cutting it to make new designs, e.g disappearing four patch, Dresden plate, flying geese.
- Working with fabric cut on the bias.
- Fabric placement and composition,e.g fussy cutting.
- Piecing techniques such as templates, paper piecing etc.
Improver's workshop. 10 hours over 4 weeks or condensed into a 1-day, 6-hour course. All materials included.
Due to the nature of the workshops and the limited availability of places if you wish to cancel a workshop you must cancel the workshop within seven (7) days of booking your place and at least seven (7) days in advance of the Workshop. We will either refund or transfer you on to the next available Workshop.
If fewer than 2 people book on this workshop it may be cancelled. If this happens you will be offered a full refund or a place on the next available workshop.