Beginners' Pattern Cutting in 1 Day
Pattern Cutting can be quite daunting. In our 1-day workshop, we will teach you the principles of pattern alteration/ pattern cutting. This will enable you to alter patterns to fit your own body measurements and give you the grounding to begin your pattern cutting journey.
You will be starting with a block pattern and altering it to fit your body measurements. We will then move onto changing style lines and silhouette. Please note there is no sewing in this workshop just paper, scotch tape and a lot of measuring!
You will learn :
- What equipment you will need.
- How to take your measurements
- What the information/ symbols mean on a pattern and what the difference are between a block and a commercial pattern
- How to shorten or lengthen a bodice
- How to shorten or lengthen a shoulder
- How to move a dart
- How to increase/decrease your bust measurement
- How to increase/decrease your waist measurement
- How to add flare to a garment
- How to add style lines
- How to add seam allowance and draw necessary symbols
Beginner's workshop. 6 hours. All materials supplied. Please bring a packed lunch!
Due to the nature of the workshops and the limited availability of places if you wish to cancel a workshop you must cancel the workshop within seven (7) days of booking your place and at least seven (7) days in advance of the Workshop. We will either refund or transfer you on to the next available Workshop.
If fewer than 2 people book on this workshop it may be cancelled. If this happens you will be offered a full refund or a place on the next available workshop.